And so it begins: Aviation Geek Fest 2013. There were 420 tickets sold, 206 different people are expected to attend, 30 folks were left on the wait list (sorry) and the farthest someone flew for #AGF13 is 4500 miles.
Today, we are going to be meeting at the Museum of Flight and checking out the Boeing 737 factory in Renton. SEE THE FULL AFG13 SCHEDULE.
If you were not able to make it this year, no worries — you can follow along via Twitter and Facebook. Also, check out the live feed below:
Want to join in for Aviation Geek Fest 2014? Make sure you are on the e-mail list(I know the page says AGF13, but it will become the AGF14 list). Until then — CHEERS!
This was originally posted on Jan 31st and updated and re-posted on Feb 13th…
NOTE: When you print your tickets, it incorrectly states where to meet on Saturday. We are to meet at the Museum of Flight by Noon to take the 737 factory tour.
This is shaping up to be one EPIC event and I am so happy that so many of you will be able to join in. All 420 tickets sold out over the weekend and there were over 35 people on the wait list.
If you are still looking for a place to stay the Hilton Garden Inn at Paine Field is still offering a special #AGF13 discount.
Be Social Media Ready to share this adventure. Follow #AGF13 on Twitter and be sure to follow/mention/like the following companies/organizations who are making #AGF13 possible:
Here is the schedule (as of now):
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 16th: Renton and South Day
- 9:00am to 5:00pm: Open access to tour the Museum of Flight and the Space Shuttle trainer (minus the crew compartment). Also be sure to check out the 2013 Northwest Scale Modelers Show going on in the main gallery from 10:00am to 5:00pm. [Ticket Required: Boeing 737 Tour Ticket. Age Restriction: None. Cameras: Allowed]
- 9:00am to 3:00pm: #AGF13 HQ will be located in the Skyline Room at the Museum of Flight with coffee. [Ticket Required: Boeing 737 Tour Ticket. Age Restriction: None. Cameras: Allowed.]
- 12:00pm: Meet in the Museum of Flight’s lobby where we will board buses and given a Boeing 737 Factory balcony tour in Renton, WA. [Ticket Required: Boeing 737 Tour Ticket. Age Restriction: 12yrs and older. Clothing: no high heels, no open toes. Cameras: Not allowed.]
- 5:00pm to 6:30pm: Receive a VIP after hours tour of Personal Courage Wing at the Museum of Flight. [Ticket Required: Boeing 737 Tour Ticket. Age Restriction: None. Cameras: Allowed]
SATURDAY AGF13 TICKETS ALSO GET YOU ACCESS TO [A ticket or badge for AGF13 is required, cameras are allowed and no age restrictions for all]:
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 17th: Paine Field Day
- 10:00am, 11:30am and 1:00pm: There will be multiple tours leaving the Future of Fight (meet in the main lobby) to tour the Boeing Dreamliner Gallery. [Ticket Required: Dreamliner Gallery Group Ticket With Appropriate Time. Age Restriction: None. Cameras: Allowed]
- 3:00pm: VIP Boeing Factory Floor Tour. Meet at the Forward Cabin conference room (follow the signs) at the Future of Fight and we will be bussed to the factory. [Ticket Required: Boeing Factory Tour Ticket. Age Restriction: 12yrs and older. Cameras: not allowed. Clothing: no high heels, no open toes.]
- 5:00pm to Later: #AvGeek shin-dig at the Future of Fight with pizza, beer and airline/aviation related prizes and lots of nerdy aviation talk. [Ticket Required: Any AGF13 ticket. Age Restriction: None. Cameras: Allowed.]
SUNDAY AGF13 TICKETS ALSO GET YOU ACCESS TO [A ticket or badge for AGF13 is required, cameras are allowed and no age restrictions for all]:
OTHER THINGS TO CHECK OUT WHILE IN TOWN [not officially part of #AGF13]:
If you have questions, please leave them in the comments. Thanks! See you this weekend and prepare to HAVE FUN!
Last week, I was able to make my third appearance (or a-hear-ance) on the Airplane Geeks Podcast. If you have never heard them before, I would highly suggest checking it out. A couple of great guys (who are also AvGeeks) talk about aviation and will bring on a guest to share their insight.
In this episode we talk about the issues facing the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, American Airline’s new livery, Aviation Geekfest and a few other odds and ends.
Cannot wait until next time!