An Antonov AN-124 parked next to the Future of Flight with a Boeing 747 Dreamlifter in the background – Photo: Future of Flight
It is hard to deny that Paine Field is freak’n awesome. Not only is this where Boeing builds all their new 747s, 767s, 777s and most of their 787s; it also houses old warbirds and often sees the Boeing 747-400 Dreamlifter and sometimes an Antonov AN-124.
BONUS: Photo tour of the inside of an Antonov AN-124
It is always fun when catching some of these aircraft together. Today, an AN-124 was caught parked next to the Future of Flight (backed in) with a Dreamlifter in the background saying, “why hello.” Both are very cool cargo planes and getting them in the same picture is pretty epic.
Thanks to the Future of Flight for sharing their photo.
You can file this story into the “better late than never,” category. Paine Field Aviation Day happened way back in May 2013 and I have been meaning to share my photos, but kept on forgetting.This year was bigger, better, and filled with some surprises that were worthy of still sharing.
This is the only Hamilton H-47 [first flown in 1928] in the world left flying (reg NC-879H). It was caught taking off from Paine Field with a Dreamlifter and 787 Dreamliner in the background.
Admission to the yearly event is only $10 and gives visitors access to the Historic Flight Foundation, the Flying Heritage Collection, lots of airplanes on the ground, and as many other awesome activities and fly-bys as one can handle.
Although there were many scheduled flights that were entertaining, as more of an airline guy, I found the standard Boeing movements just as great. Continue reading below to see some of the photos of the day, including a Boeing 747-8I, Antonov AN-124, a few Boeing 787 Dreamliners, and more.
Finnair MD-11 (OH-LGB) taking off in the moon light
It is that time again where I have quite a few blogs I never got around to blogging and they aren’t really timely anymore. Instead of just hitting delete, I want to still share the stories with you folks. Here they are:
* Photos and Video of a United Airlines Airbus A319 that had a landing gear failure. (via Flight Global)
* Get free cookies and toothbrushes at airports. (via USAToday)
* Delta Air Lines converts airports from Northwest Airlines to Delta. (via Delta Blog)
* An Antonov AN-124 flew a mobile Air Traffic Control unit to Haiti. (via Aviation Week)
* Qantas Airlines is getting rid of some of their business class. (via Aviation Week)
* Finnair has stopped flying the MD-11. Which is a total shame! (via Things in the Sky & Cranky Flier)
* People calling for a ban on pets being allowed in passenger cabins. (via The Independent)
* Google maps now showing live flights in Europe. (via tnooz)
connect | web | twitter | facebook | Image: KalleA