After getting so few answers on the last Ultimate Airline Livery Challenge, I was happy to see I might have made this one a little bit easier. That was “easier” and not “easy.” I was very impressed how quickly some of you got the correct answers. After getting the photos done for the first time I realized what was in the background on picture #1. It was an Inter Air Airbus A300 and realized it could give away #10, so I photoshopped the titles off. It seems like #3 got most people since Britannia flew both Boeing 767’s and 757’s, but #5 was a game changer for some as well.
So, do you like it better with other airplane parts than just wings? I had more fun making this one. Anyhow, here are the answers:
1) Air Afrique DC-10-30 (TU-TAM). Photo by Jordi Grife.
2) Sabena Boeing 737-200 (OO-SDJ). Photo by Jordi Grife.
3) Britannia Airways Boeing 767-200 (G-BRIG). Photo by 64N21W.
4) Ghana International Airlines Boeing 757-200 (G-STRZ). Photo by superspotter.
5) BWIA West Indies Airlines Airbus A340-300 (9Y-TJN). Photo by Fossie1.
6) Ukraine International Airlines Boeing 737-800 (UR-PSD). Photo by Osdu.
7) Trans World Airlines Lockheed L1011. Photo by Dean Morely.
8) Surinam Airways Boeing 747-300 (PZ-TCM). Photo by David VanWoerkom
9) Royal Brunei Airlines Boeing 777-200ER (V8-BLB). Photo by David McKelvey.
10) Air Inter Dassault Mercure (F-BTTJ). Photo by Jordi Grife.
UBER WINNERS WHO GOT ALL THE AIRLINES AND AIRCRAFT TYPES:
* Matt F.
* JosuÃ© G.
* Alfred T.
* Patrick O.
* Antonio T.
* Javier A.
* Thomas B.
FOLKS WHO ALMOST GOT EVERYTHING CORRECT:
They went for the gold. Guessing both livery and aircraft type and each of these folks only got one thing off. Still very impressive.
* Ben W. Darn #3! Only got the #3 aircraft type wrong
* Rory M. #3 767 vs 757
* Mark G. #3 guessing the 757
* Gordon W. Such a rockstar with even giving reg#’s on some, but #5 got him
* Erik G. Was off on #5, but close
* Kyle D. Only off on one airline type
WINNERS WHO GOT ALL THE AIRLINES CORRECT:
* Chris J.
Okay, so maybe #3 was a little unfair. I really think the only think you could have done was to hunt down the exact photo, which can be a challenge. That’s a lot of winners, so I might have to go with some AirlineReporter.com stickers for the prizes. I am working on getting some donations for future prizes, so if you have any ideas on where to look, let me know!