Thank you for your interest in sharing your passion on AirlineReporter. I started this website in 2008 and every writer who has written for the site started by sending me an email wondering if they could share their stories.
We are a group of 25+ enthusiasts, located around the globe, writing about aviation, airlines, and travel. Almost all of us have other full-time jobs, many have families, but we dedicate part of our time to continue to build our love for all things that fly! Some of our writers share often, others not so much — both are totally okay.
WHAT AIRLINEREPORTER CAN DO FOR YOU:
- Exposure: We have almost 110,000 engaged Twitter followers and your stories and media will be seen by important people in the industry, other high-end media, frequent fliers, and AvGeeks. Not to mention our writers have been featured and/or quoted on outlets like CNN, BBC, CNBC, Reuters, CBC, NPR, Marketplace, FOX, Huffington Post, Forbes, APEX magazine, USA Today, and many others.
- Resume Building: Writing for a well-respected aviation outlet will help bolster your resume for future potential opportunities. We have had many writers go on to do other wonderful aviation and media-related jobs using the skills they built with us.
- Access: After building trust and writing some stories, we can get behind-the-scenes access to our writers with airlines, airports, museums, delivery flights, etc. – the type of access that the general public is not able to have.
- Media Trips: For writers who put in time and effort and prove themselves, we have been the guests of airlines and have flown hundreds of thousands of miles on trips including Fiji, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Doha, Dubai, Singapore, Bangkok, London, Rio, and many more.
- Fun and Friendships: We are a fun team that just get along. Not only have many of us become strong friends, but we get to meet so many wonderful people while representing AirlineReporter.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Ability to Write: We are dedicated to producing quality content. We don’t have much time to edit, so will rely on you to submit well-written stories.
- Need to use WordPress: We need you to have the ability to know how to use WordPress already, or you are willing to learn with little assistance.
- Independent: Successful writers need to quickly be able to adapt to our standards, accept feedback, and be willing to learn.
- Passion: If you are not an AvGeek (or do not even know that word) and/or you haven’t read AirlineReporter very much, things will probably not work out. We want you to be excited to tell your stories… that enthusiasm shows through.
- Story Ideas: You should be able to pitch story ideas to us and have a game plan on how to make it a compelling story.
- Conversational Tone: We are different from many other media outlets since we try to keep a laid-back conversational tone. We want people to live through our experiences.
- Photos: You do not need to be a professional, nor have really expensive equipment. But you need to be able to at least take a few decent photos. Our stories are very visual and many times the photos make the story.
Since we are an enthusiast site and our ads barely cover our bills, we are not in a position to pay for stories, but there is a lot more to get out of this relationship.
If your story is accepted, and you want to keep writing additional stories, we would love to keep building the trust. As we are able to move forward in our relationships, you will get more invites to cool events, behind-the-scenes access, a bigger title, and of course, flights and trips!