Up early this morning to get all prepared (ie get like 10 gadgets charged) for Boeing’s fifth 787 Dreamliner (but first with GEnx engines) to take flight. In about an hour, I will be heading over to the Future of Flight to get set up. ZA005 is scheduled to take off at 10am PST, but it could be delayed due to weather, low cielings, technical issues or a number of other things. When she does fly, I will be providing a Â live streaming video from my iPhone. If you want towatch, follow these steps:
1) Make sure to have this webpage open: http://qik.com/airlinereporter/ Just leave it open through the morning until the first flight happens.
2) When there is no live video it will just show my most recent videos (it should look like this). It looks like it might be the wrong page but don’t worry, it is correct…
3) When I go live, a video will automatically start (so make sure you have sound where you want it, otherwise it will be a shock).
4) After I go live, it will go back to the previous view and the video will be viewable from that page.
I will probably do a check-in or two throughout the morning. Be sure to check my Twitter, @ImperfectSense, @PIBoeing, @FutureofFlight and #ZA005 for details. I will try to update this blog as often as I can until lift off.
UPDATE 11am: ZA005 had its strobes on and engines started, but at this point they are all off. Word is things are still going to happen. Flight Aware is still showing take off at 10:40am (that was 20min ago). The weather was misty and foggy earlier, but it is clearing up. I had to do a few tests, but I now have my iPhone attached to my camcorder. Check out my engineering skills (thanks Sandy for taking that).
UPDATE 11:10am: Now hearing 11:30 ZA005 should make movement, Noon for take off. Still no strobes.
UPDATE 11:35am: Lots of rumors going around with Boeing people, GE people and the media. But word now is Boeing will cut the high speed taxi test and fly at noon.
UPDATE 12:10pm: Waiting on just 100 more feet of ceiling (cloud level) until take off. No strobes.
UPDATE 12:20pm: Bad news. I have to leave. I have another engagement that I must make. The good news is Sandy at the Future of Flight (@FutureofFlight) has agreed to do the live feed, so you won’t miss out on anything!
UPDATE 4:45pm: Everything went great, even though delayed. You can find out more and see videos and photos here.
Comments are closed here.