A scorpion and five of its babies hitched a ride on Southwest Airline flight 2093 from Phoenix to Indiana. About 30 minutes before touch down the passenger was messing in his carry-on and felt a familiar stinging sensation — he had been stung by scorpions before. He notified the flight crew who notified emergency personnel on the ground.
The passenger ended up being treated at the airport, the hitch-hikers were exterminated, and the aircraft was fumigated overnight. Â Southwest recently started allowing pets to fly on their aircraft, but I don’t think this is what they had in mind.Source: IndyStar.com