Throughout the week, I upload photos to my server and share them on Twitter. They are photos I find interesting, but not quite enough to write a blog on. For those of you who don’t use Twitter, I want to share them, but not exactly sure how. Why not post a collection of links in a blog? Let’s give it a try and see how it goes — click on the links below for photos.
* On Tuesday July 26th,Â United Airlines Boeing 767 Flight 635 enroute from Chicago, landed in Seattle with brake issues and was met by fire trucks who quickly sprayed water on the aircraft’s brakes. No injuries were reported.
* Last week, Lufthansa announced 30 firm orders for the Airbus A320neo family of aircraft. The order consists of 25 Airbus A320neo and five Airbus A321neo aircraft.
* No in-flight entertainment system is safe from me. I have a way of requiring them to be restarted quite often and on my recent Singapore Airlines A380 flight was no exception.
* While on a long layover at LAX, I caught a glimpse of Â Eva Air’s special 777 livery on a Boeing 777-300ER.
* I had the “opportunity” to seeÂ JAL’s new livery for the first time in person while stopping in Narita. I have to say that I was not that impressed — a bit too plain for my taste. Also caught an Asiana Boeing 747-400 in the same shot.
* Have you ever wondered how United Airlines goes about cleaning their front windscreens? I caught a worker cleaning the windscreen of the special Friend Ship livery A320 in Chicago during a recent trip.